The September Project Blog

Come here to learn about the goings-on of The September Project, a grassroots effort to foster public events in all communities on September 11.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

powerful libraries

On a recent library listserv, a librarian's signature file caught my eye and made me smile:

Delphi Public Library, a small but powerful library :)

It made me smile, just thinking how true this statement probably is. I've never visited this particular library, but I've walked through countless doors of small libraries, talked to plenty of librarians, and admired the impact small libraries make on their communities. I believe the Delphi Public Library is a small and powerful library.

It's a compelling and catchy phrase--especially with the playful emoticon--and it's one that will stay with me, even if I never walk through the doors of this particular library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home