The September Project Blog

Come here to learn about the goings-on of The September Project, a grassroots effort to foster public events in all communities on September 11.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

sharing what drives me

A friend asked me last night what was going on with the September Project. I always like hearing this question, because it’s fun to share the project with people, and also good to search my brain for the latest news that’s fit to print. Here’s what I told him:

1. The international scope of the project. This emerging development continues to thrill and encourage me. Hearing from librarians in far away places I may never visit and learning that they too, share a common purpose with the librarians in my neighborhood, fills me with joy and wonderment.
2. The persistent call for collaboration from all corners of the world. In such a fractured world, it’s heartening to hear from people who want to work together, to figure things out, to share, and to learn.
3. My hometown’s involvement. I had to throw in a personal note of what excites me! I spent many years in the Minneapolis area, and have corresponded with librarians from suburban and urban systems, who plan to participate in the project. What a joy it is to know that influential libraries in my life are joining other librarians across the globe in opening their doors to explore democracy, citizenship, and freedom on September 11 of this year.

1 Comments:

At June 08, 2005 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for the Minnesotans! September Project plans are rolling here in my current homestate of Kansas, too. I'm glad to see the new blog - congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home